Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend

For the Holiday Weekend we decided to enjoy some beach fun. We started off Friday morning at El Madeodor Beach. We love this beach (thanks Megan and Tyson), one time Derick was swimming and…he looked up and there was an otter swimming next to him, then he looked over and there were dolphins swimming in the distance. It was like a peaceful little moment for him. It is usually not really crowded, and the waves are always really good. We went with our friends the Heath’s and the McDowell’s. All of the children enjoyed the sand, all of the men enjoyed boogie boarding (the waves were really nice), and the women enjoyed some nice relaxing in the sun and chatting!



After the beach we went home to recoup so that we would be ready for the BBQ. Kurtis finally got to swim in a pool, he really misses swimming with his friends Josh and Sam at Nanny’s pool so it was nice for him to enjoy the pool with his daddy, cousins, and the rest of the family. I forgot my camera outside while they were swimming, so I only got photos of us all sitting around... Saturday we had a great time as a family at the movie Wall-E. Kurtis loved it!! We took some fun photos at the movie theater.

6 comments:

Celia's Gibberish said...

Hey Amy! Yep, my job is going well. It's a little boring, but that's the way it goes. School starts up again on Sept. 2 so I'll be going over there at the end of August. You've got some cute pictures on here!

Amber said...

oh man, I miss the beach!!!

Amber said...

How random to hear from you on my blog!! I'm glad you're doing well. We just had a baby girl on Tuesday- I'll put pictures up on my blog within the next couple days.

Meg said...

Thanks for checking out the blog. I love yours, your family is adorable!

The Henrich Family said...

the boys are jealous that Kurtis has seen Wall-E! Your Mom & Dad did take them this week to the Kung Fu Panda, and they loved every mintue of their date together. It was so nice of your folks! Boy...that Kurtis is growing fast. His hair is so long!!!

carrie said...

Hey! How do you like living in California? The beaches look great. I loved the video of Kurtis dancing. You gotta love little kids' dance skills!