So poor little Kurtis had an upset stomach almost the entire time we were in D.C. After arriving on the train and visiting the Natural History Museum we met Mom and went to Tyson's Corner to grab some food, and shop a bit. GG found a fun rain coat for Jackie and was texting her pictures asking her which one she wanted. While GG was looking at coats, Kurtis was dancing and singing to the music in the store. He does have quite the moves. All of a sudden he got very still and quiet. Evidently we had taken a bit too long to find the perfect rain coat for Jackie. I looked down at Kurtis and he was sitting down, pale, saying "oh momma I am sick", and then it happened. It reminded me a bit of Katie when she was young and used to tell mom she was going to be sick and immediately proceeded to projectile vomit everywhere. No warning just a faint "I don't feel good". Kurtis proceeded to have a major explosion and left a yellow chunky puddle in the middle of the store! I did not have anytime to be embarrassed, or to tell GG & Pops what was happening. (Little did I know that mom looked around and saw what was happening but dad was oblivious. Mom said dad looked down at the carpet and said, what's that? and started to tell the store owner there was something weird on the carpet. Instead she grabbed dad's arm and followed me out of the store.) Anyway, I grabbed and ran with Kurtis to the nearest bathroom - which happened to be Macy's. As we are running Kurtis continues to say "I am so sorry momma, I am so sorry momma, my stomach hurts!". I dash in the restroom and realize that I am all by myself. His shorts, underwear, shoes, and socks are soaked. I take his clothes off and start to wash them out and realize - I don't have any other clothes for him. He has been potty trained for a while now, and has really NEVER had a problem like this so I was not prepared with an extra set of clothes. Luckily helped arrived! Mom and Dad found their way to the restroom. Given their history - LOL - Mom always scopes out where the the restrooms are located. I asked Mom to purchase underwear and shorts and we here Kurtis in the stall - singing as happy as a lark - stomach relieved. We get him dressed and head out to the car. Kurtis did not have any socks and shoes so he requested that Pops carry him on his shoulders - "like my dad". Pops was happy to do so but of course had to remind Kurtis - "don't have another accident up there".
1 comment:
Oh, dear, not funny while you are in themiddle of it I know, but kinda funny now. Poor thing. That's good that your mom and dad were there!Isn't being a mom just the best some days?
Post a Comment